Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Divergence

I've made it through chapter four and from here I'll be jumping off onto my own path.  I don't have the time or the energy to deal with Don Quixote right now.  By necessity my reading will be chronological but it won't stick to one genre.  My dd11 and I are currently reading Beowulf while my dd13 and I are reading Confessions.  All my reading for self-education and child education will be from the middle ages and early renaissance but we'll be covering all genres over the next nine months.  I intend to use the rest of The Well-Educated Mind and this commonplace book to respond to those readings.

As we progress, I'll keep a reading list in the margin and continue to make my notes.  I'll even go back and make notes for the reading we've already done in those two selections.  I may even include the notes and summaries for our history text as well.  It seems that this type of record keeping appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment